Friday 5 September 2008

Nightmare

A weak tendril reaches out through the foggy veil
A weak tendril desperately trying to make contact
The dreamy world had cast its charms
Ugly reality had no right to be here
This went on for more time than
My foggy mind can recollect
Until finally the chirping birds and the sunlight
Filtering into my room awakened me with a jolt
The tendril caught hold of my mind
In its vice like grip, terror took root
I screamed when I looked at the time
I ran and ran and ran till I was dressed
I must have set a world record I’m sure
Locking my room, I tore down the empty corridors
Not a soul around, they all had left already!
Is the exam over? Will they let me in?
I wondered in a feverish dreamy state!
I awoke with a jolt and to my chagrin
My situation had not changed, reality it seems
Had decided to play along with my dream-weaver
The clock made me howl!
This time though I was prepared
I pulled the sheets around me tighter
And bid adieu to reality

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent. You've brought on the mood vividly. Go on give us some more

Anonymous said...

man u r so frightened i don know from what? is it right?
but its written in a very nice way...

www.muddleheaded.wordpress.com

Akash Verma said...

hahahahahaha.....oh..i know that feeling so damn well!! and the damn thing keeps happening every couple of months...rite around exam season! lol