Sunday 17 August 2008

Indebted- An ode to my family

The swift river flowed around me, a reassuring cool embrace.
With power to sculpt mountains, she instead chose to sculpt me.
With energy to erode away entire countries,
she instead chose to erode my vices.
With ability to awe the universe,
she instead stayed by my side and made me, me.

The rock that stood rising up to the stars, always by my side he stood.
Never a moment's rest he sought when I needed his guidance and support.
Unchanging integrity,an example was set,
for me to follow was but another step.
No matter how dark the day had dawned, the rock stood solid by my side.
With his peak among the stars and galaxies, never did he choose to overwhelm me. Humble and pious moments did we share,
he inspiring me to flow in the stream of life
with integrity and flair.

My constant companion, a true friend.
A rare bond that we share
that eternity cannot send to oblivion.
A comfort and an aide to banish boredom,
on dreamy summer afternoons and chilly morning jaunts.
Physical distances do not matter,
imprints of these special people reside in my soul
and will remain
after this universe has seen its last star.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome sods
prashanti is gonna comment :D. she's a friend of mine

Unknown said...

Hey....just happened to read your poem...It was really amazing! brilliant blend of blank verse and lyrical quality..Do keep posting more such like these!=)

p.s.I'm Arjun's friend..=)

Nirmala Narayanan said...

Hi Iam blushing assuming you're talking about ahem... us. Good piece ,keep posting more a shakespeare in the making

Anonymous said...

what man , it is our duty to mould such mouldables . However too much has been told in your poem. You will be another shelley.

Unknown said...

this was amazing! it sure did make juni proud!

a friend of arjun