Sunday 14 September 2008

Idiot's Kiss

I went through life without once feeling
The strength of the greatest emotion
Many friends were just that, friends
Never had I felt an echo from the depths
Of my being, a note mingling
With perfect harmony had escaped my grasp

Now I see you, O perfection incarnate!
My essence boils over at the mere sight
Of your sweet eyes, my mind and heart
Have finally concurred
I yearn to gaze at you
Into your eyes I wish to stare
And never shall I have another care

But woe the day that you
Accepted that idiot’s kiss
I leave now to seek bliss
At the foothills of the Siwaliks
Beyond your horizon
And beyond your infectious gaze
I go now, I go now…

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

love is in the air.......weeeee!

Thommen said...

really liked this one.. nice and subtle..

Kavya said...

you have a very proud younger brother who apparently loves to show off his brother's works of art to all his friends, and not without good reason...
I just read my first romance novel... what a frame of mid to read this poem... words aren't good enough to appreciate it... apparently talent runs in the family! :)

Kavya
another friend of Arjun's

ZooFugitive said...

@orion: Thank you, but you haven't yet told me about the umbrella man :)

@kavya: Thanks, but I think you are being wrongly influenced by my brother. You see, we have this secret plan to take over all the traffic of the internet and my bro has started canvassing in school :)
But do keep it a secret please...

Anonymous said...

very nice...
i mean everything was going so sweet n all of a sudden u brought the heart break in the last stanza...
it created an impact... :)