Friday 19 June 2009

Rejoice!

Cracks in the parched Earth
Invitingly dark and deep
If only I could bury my burning body
away from the harsh white heat

The dusty blazing wind in my face
turns it into a clayey cake
It howls Death's grand name
and cackles at my stooped figure

I squint into the blue expanse
for a glimpse of Monsoon's bounty
Alas, the searing heat burns my retina
leaving behind a white noose

With waistlines thin as my scrawny rooster's neck
My children await me at the threshold of my hut
My wife smiles as our eyes meet
With as much passion as our loving first gazes
Alas, this wasn't a smile in anticipation of Life
This was a smile of a soul to be released
Death shall be my children's first and last love!
Rejoice! Rejoice!

1 comment:

Ridhima said...

Such a dark theme. But I love the way you handle the descriptions of the dry Earth and desolation of the family. Nice one Sods.